When creating private nameservers, you will need to register a minimum of two.
To register private nameservers with Dotster.com, login to your customer account and then follow this guide.
1. Click on the domain name that you would like to register a name server for.
2. At the bottom of the screen, click on the 'Register Name Server' link.
3. Enter the name of your first name server in the 'Host Name' field
Note: These are usually ns1 or dns1
4. Enter the IP address associated with your name server in the 'IP Address' field.
5. Click on the 'Update' button to register the name server.
6. To register your second nameserver, repeat the above steps, substituting ns2 as the 'Host Name' and when entering your IP address increase the last number by one.
(eg. if your primary IP address is 220.127.116.11 then the IP address for ns2 will be 18.104.22.168.
Note: When creating private nameservers it may take up to 72 hours for these to propogate throughout the internet.