When creating private nameservers, you will need to register a minimum of two.
To register private nameservers with Namecheap.com, login to your customer account and then follow this guide.
1. Locate the domain you wish to create the name servers for and click 'Name Server Registration'
2. Select the name of your first name server in the first 'Host.Domainname' dropdown
Note: These are usually ns1 or dns1
2. Enter the IP address associated with your name server in the first 'IP Address' field.
3. To create your second name server, select ns2 in the second 'Host.Domainname' dropdown.
4. Enter the IP address associated with your name server in the second 'IP Address' field.
5. Click 'Add Name Servers' to create the new name servers.
Note: When creating private nameservers it may take up to 72 hours for these to propogate throughout the internet.